Do you have one or several missing teeth? Dental Implants might be a solution for you!
Implants are safe, cost effective options for replacing missing teeth
A Dental Implant replaces the tooth root and builds a stable foundation for a crown, bridge or replacement solutions for a toothless jaw. Once inserted into position, it looks, feels, and functions like a natural tooth. This small post measuring only a few millimeters long is firmly anchored and integrated into the jawbone.
Most patients with missing teeth are good candidates for dental implants. A consultation with one of our surgeons will help us determine your needs while giving you the proper information to make an informed decision.
Single Implant Crown
What is the process of placing Dental Implants?
Phase 1: Consultation, diagnosis and treatment planning
- First, your local dentist needs to assess your situation and see if dental implants are a suitable option for you. Your jawbone and gums need to be free from inflammation and other diseases to qualify. If dental implants are an option for you, then a referral is sent to a specialist.
- During the initial consultation with the surgeons at Ontario Oral Surgery Group, the type and quality of your jawbone are assessed to see if it can support an implant. This is completed using a panorex machine.
Phase 2: Implant Placement
- Implant placement are usually outpatient procedures. We do most of our implant placement procedures with local anesthesia or IV sedation to make the process as smooth and painless as possible.
- As each case is different, the surgeon can choose to place in one or multiple-step procedures.
Phase 3: Temporary and final restoration
- Diagnosis may vary as each case is different, but a temporary crown or bridge can be placed on top of the implant right after surgery or after the implant has healed to the jawbone. Your local dentist will do this step.
***Be advised, the costs of the crown or bridge will be separate than the actual implant placed by the surgeon.
- For the implant to heal to the jawbone (also a process called ‘’osseointegration’’) it can take between a few weeks and up to 6 months.
- While this is taking place, a dental lab designs and manufactures your final tooth, which is then attached directly onto the implant with a small screw or directly attached to the abutment.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
Benefits of dental implants range from:
- A natural looking smile
- Renewed confidence and ability to live normally
- Normal eating and speaking
- Stable and comfortable fit
- A long lasting permanent solution
- Neighbouring teeth stay intact and are not drilled down